Transporting the Deceased Out of State
The deceased is embalmed, casketed and transported to the Portland Airport for shipment by a local airline company to a destination outside Oregon. A casket is not always required for shipment.
- Basic services: Funeral Director, Staff, and Overhead.
- Transport deceased to our funeral home (within regular service area).
- Embalming (If required by airlines or if transportation exceeds 6 hours).
- Air tray or combo unit (required by airlines).
- Transport of deceased to Portland airport.
- Cargo shipment charge is an additional cost (per quote from airline).
- File death certificate with the state of Oregon.
- Forward death certificate to doctor for signature.
Screening fee is charged as part of cargo shipping cost. A casket for this package is sold separately.